As the weather transitions from cool to cold, many of us will be breaking out our winter boots. For some, this means pulling out a pair of trusty Doc Martens that have been in storage for months (or years).
However, if your feet have grown or your favorite pair has been passed down to you from a taller relative, you may find that the boots are too big. In this case, you can purchase insoles to make them fit better.
In this article, we’ll be looking at some of the best insoles for these doc martens that are too big.
Top 9 insoles for Doc Martens that are too big
- Timberland PRO Replacement Insole: Insoles equipped with anti-fatigue technology.
- Dr. Scholl’s Relief Orthotics: Designed for plus-sized men
- 10 Seconds Support Insoles: External heel made with carbon fiber
- Rite Aid Work Insoles: Memory foam insoles with arch support.
- MEGAComfort Anti-Fatigue Mat (PAM)® Insole: Designed with patented memory foam footbed.
- Dr. Martens Comfort Insole: Fitted with smart mask technology to stabilize and cushion your every step
- Superfeet BLUE Orthotic Shoe Inserts: Fitted with high-density EVA Foam.
- Dr. Scholl’s Gel Advanced Insoles: Latex-free insoles equipped with massaging gel technology
- Spenco Max Shoe Insoles: Best for athletes, equipped with motion control technology
Let’s get to the reviews.
Timberland PRO Replacement Insole
This popular orhtolite™ insole and be sure to lend support, cushioning, and durability for all-day comfort.
Whether your shoes are too big or your job requires long hours on your feet, you can rely on this orthoLITE® Anti-Fatigue Technology replacement insoles to help keep you comfortable and on your feet.
The Pro series includes one pair of comfort insoles specifically handcrafted to fit properly into most male Doc Martens Classic boots.
Our most durable cushioning provides comfort and support, while the patented anti-microbial agent helps prevent odor.
Enjoy your favorite shoes for longer with these insoles that feature shock absorption technology and ample cushioning. Durable, lightweight material and stitching make them a perfect upgrade to any worn or extra-large pair of shoes.
These insoles are equipped with anti-fatigue technology, ortholite insoles with adequate protection and durability, and shock absorption technology for all-day comfort in steel toe boots.
- Insoles equipped with anti-fatigue technology,
- Orhtolite insoles with adequate protection and durability,
- Designed with shock absorption technology
- Great for doc martens that are too big
- No detected anomalies
Dr. Scholl’s Relief Orthotics
Your doc martens will fit great with these heavy-duty support orthotics. Designed with a hardworking man in mind, they’re equipped with everything you need for a comfortable fit.
From arch guard to shock absorption technology, you’ll wonder how you ever lived without them.
Great for men who need orthotics that are extra-large, comfortable, and stylish.
Dr. Scholl’s heavy-duty support pain relief orthotics are made to support feet especially if a person’s feet swell. It can be trimmed to fit any shoe and can be customized to fit any shoe.
Designed for comfort and support, these arch support orthotics fit perfectly in most shoes. Trim to fit and provide sturdy heel, arch, and metatarsal support.
For every oversized Doc Martens owner out there, this is the best relief for achy feet. These orthotics are designed to fit in plus-sized shoes and they’re trimmed to size and provide shock absorption and arch support.
- Designed for plus-sized men ( over 200 pounds)
- equipped with arch guard and shock absorption technology,
- can be trimmed to fit any shoe,
- great for doc martens that are too big
- Insoles distribute weight evenly throughout the shoe to accommodate every foot
- Not suitable for people with flat feet
10 Seconds Support Insoles
These insoles are designed to support your feet while being comfortable in boots and shoes that are too big.
They are thin, supporting, and thermally engineered to keep your feet warm.
These ultra support insoles are embedded with a deep heel cup for feet accommodation and stability.
It’s sure to make any Doc Martens or other shoe that is too big, fit like a glove.
The external heel of this product is made with carbon fiber, made with shock-absorbing technology, embedded with a deep heel cup for feet accommodation and stability.
these ultra-comfort 10 Seconds 3810 insoles! Made of water-resistant polyurethane, the external heel is made with carbon fiber and shock absorbing technology, making it ideal for thick boots that tend to lose their shape over time.
You’ll get a deep heel cup for comfort and stability, too!
We know your Docs are a faithful companion on the way to band practice or a gig, but they tend to be a bit hard on the feet.
10 Seconds’ 3810 Outsole has carbon fiber inserts that work with the Doc’s natural contours, offer shock absorption, and don’t skimp on durability.
- External heel made with carbon fiber
- Made with shock-absorbing technology
- Embedded with a deep heel cup for feet accommodation and stability
- Thermally engineered to keep the feet warm
- Cushioned and comfy
- No detected anomalies
Rite Aid Work Insoles
Give your oversized Doc Martens the comfort and support they need with these shock-absorbing UltraWork Memory Plus insoles.
Featuring odor-reducing technology and anti-fatigue properties, these insoles keep feet in pristine condition so you can wear your boots all day long.
These insoles are a great gift for men, who love wearing oversized doc martens. They provide enough support to help you be comfortable in your oversized boots.
Now you don’t have to worry about the discomfort that comes with oversized boots.
Combining odor-fighting technology, arch support, and shock absorption into a single insole, the Ultra Work from Rite Aid has made life easier for men who need a work shoe that doesn’t require special orthotics.
These ultra comfort memory foam insoles will make your doc martens more comfortable, lightweight, odor management, and shock absorbent for a long-standing time.
The size of your shoes may be causing you pain and discomfort. Rite Aid has made custom insoles that are specifically designed to fit your feet, easing the pain and discomfort.
- Memory foam insoles with arch support
- Equipped with shock-absorbing technology
- Anti-fatigue insoles with odor management technology
- Great for oversized doc martens
- Comfy and cushioned insoles
- Might not be as durable as expected
MEGAComfort Anti-Fatigue Mat (PAM)® Insole
The MEGAComfort PAM® Insole is made of the same material as the PAM® Mat, but with a shock-absorbing memory foam footbed.
The patented heel cup and outsole put the most pressure where it’s needed most: in the heel, relieving the pain in your hips and legs.
The footbed is ergonomically designed for support and odor control, preventing any funky odors from developing.
This patented insole utilizes its built-in memory foam to ensure a snug, comfortable fit, and support. Ideal for high-heeled shoes or boots that are too big.
With their high memory foam content, these are custom-molded for your feet and are designed to handle the stresses of high impact activity, from day to night, from work to play.
It is a good combination of engineered design, athletic technology, and fashion.
- Ergonomically designed with patented memory foam footbed
- Fitted with shock absorption and odor control technology
- Padded footbed with arch support
- No detected anomalies
Dr. Martens Comfort Insole
The classic Dr. Martens boot gets an upgrade. There’s added cushioning around the heel, and insole technology provides anti-fatigue comfort for added stability.
The insole is ideal for a classic Doc look and an active lifestyle.
Make sure your Docs fit like a glove with the Doc Martens Unisex-Adult Comfort Insole.
This super-soft insole features smart mask technology for optimum comfort and stability, plus it cushions and protects your feet from impact.
Customize your boots with this pair of insoles, and say goodbye to pain from uncomfortable shoes.
These insoles shield you from impact in all the right places, offering brilliant shock absorption, support, and comfort.
- Fitted with smart mask technology to stabilize and cushion your every step
- Shields you from impact with added cushioning around the heel
Superfeet BLUE Orthotic Shoe Inserts
These inserts provide the shock absorption and alignment needed to fit into the widest possible variety of footwear.
They’re shaped to match different foot types, so they can make a size too large fit right and they’re odor-resistant to make them more comfortable.
These orthotic shoe insoles are the perfect answer for inserts. They’re designed with high-density EVA foam that cushions every step, a stabilizing cap that provides extra support, and a deep heel cup that is structured to hold every step comfortably.
Now you can get a better fit within your favorite Doc Martens or any other shoe, with these high-quality and long-lasting insoles.
Say goodbye to blisters and walking in pain. Superfeet is a great brand and this product is no different. It’s an insert that fits perfectly in any shoe but works perfectly with Doc Martens.
- Eliminates blisters
Dr. Scholl’s Gel Advanced Inserts
Keep your Doc Martens or other shoes from feeling too big with these Dr. Scholl’s Massaging Gel Advanced Insoles.
With added arch support and multi-layered cushioning, you’ll always get the perfect fit for your feet.
Massaging gel insoles allow for comfort and shock absorption, ensuring a healthy and supportive stance on any surface.
These massaging insoles can help fit shoes that are too big for your feet and offer comfort and extra stability as well.
Lightweight, breathable, and easy to trim, these are perfect for any workwear or casual shoe in your closet.
- Latex-free insoles equipped with massaging gel technology
- has arch support with multi-layer properties to cushion your feet
- can be trimmed to fit any shoe, has a cushioned footbed for added comfort
- Lightweight and durable
- Not suitable for people with sensitive feet
Spenco Max Shoe Insoles
This affordable, medically efficacious, odor-resistant arch support with plantar cushioning is the best way to update a pair of Doc Martens without spending a ton of money
Featuring arch support with an unsurpassed combination of comfort and stability, this unique foot care solution will leave your feet feeling better than ever before.
The polyester arch support is ideal for any shoe, featuring maximum cushioning with easy clean-up.
Designed for both comfort and performance, these Total Support Max insoles support your whole foot and provide outstanding cushioning and shock absorption.
With a rigid yet lightweight design, these Max Shoe Insoles provide support and stability to under-used areas of the foot, helping athletes to achieve optimal performance.
- Best for athletes, equipped with motion control technology
- Has rigid arch for added durability and stability
- Made with 100% polyester, with odor management technology
- The heel area is a bit too open
- Not suitable for very heavy use
Things to consider when choosing insoles for Doc Martens that are too big
If you have a pair of oversized Doc Martens, you probably already know that they are not the most comfortable shoes to wear – which is why adding insoles might help.
When you buy insoles for a pair of oversized Doc Martens, it’s important to make sure that you buy the right size.
If the insoles are too small, they will not be able to combat the bulkiness of the shoe, which could make it difficult to wear.
The insoles should also be able to stay in place in the shoe. The width of the insoles should match the width of the shoe.
An insole that is too narrow for the shoe could lead to pain in the back and the front of the foot. Insoles should be sturdy enough to provide enough cushioning for the wearer.
If you are looking for insoles for your oversized doc martens, you should consider the following:
- Size: You should measure your foot, as that will give you a better idea of what size you should purchase.
- Thickness: If you are thin or medium build, you should buy thin insoles, but if you are large or heavy build, you should buy a thicker insole.
- Thickness-to-length ratio: You should buy insoles that are thicker at the front and thinner in the back.
- Firmness: If you are a thin or of average build, you should buy soft insoles, but if you have a large or heavy build, you should buy firm insoles
- Make sure that the insoles you purchase are large enough to fit your outsized shoes. If the insoles are too small, they won’t do much for you.
- Make sure that the insoles you purchase are the same height as your feet. If your feet are shorter than average and you get insoles that are too tall, you might end up with some discomfort.
If you’ve read this article in this section. I’m sure you’ve found the right insoles for your oversized Doc Martens.
When buying insoles for those boots, ensure they’re new, firm, sturdy, and also fit well. In all, stay safe!