Choosing the right type of shoe is a very important decision that can greatly impact your day-to-day experience working with chickens.
See my 9 top shoes for chicken coop
Table of Contents
- HISEA Boots – Mid Calf Garden Boots with Comfort Insole
- Sloggers Comfort Shoe – Great for traction around the chicken coop
- LONDON FOG Women’s Rain Boot – Pull-On style Bootie
- Bogs Women’s SAUVIE – Chelsea Rain Boot for poultry and Coop
- Backdoorshoes Waterproof Garden Shoes – Clogs with Arch Support and Chicken Print
- NORTY Women’s Rain Boots – Waterproof Garden Boot Excellent for Winter
- Colorxy Women’s Waterproof Boots – Colorful Floral Short Wellies Rainboots
- Muck Boot Women’s Boot –
- DKSUKO Women’s Waterproof Garden Shoe – Lightweight Footwear with Comfort Insole
The best option for chicken coop owners is to wear rubber boots. They are protective and prevent the dirt in the chicken coop from getting on the shoes.
You may also have coop boots or booties in mind, which are waterproof and have an inner lining to keep feet warm in colder weather.
However, a boot with a removable inner lining would be the best option for chicken coop owners. It protects you from dirt, dust, and any other particulate floating in the air or on the ground.
You can also wear over-the-knee boots or pile boots in cold weather. These are good choices because they keep your feet nice and warm.
I could go on and on telling you some of the important things the good coop shoes you are looking for should have.
I can share some of the best chicken coop shoes I have come across and strongly recommend you consider investing in them.
Let’s get to the review
HISEA Mid Calf Garden Boots with Comfort Insole
These HISEA women’s wellington boots offer a more lightweight and flexible option with its PVC materials upper and round-toe silhouette.
While it is efficient as a rain boot, it has been equipped with slip-resistant rubber outsoles to provide excellent stability as you tread on Coop.
The shoe has this soft and quick-dry textile lining that absorbs moisture as a necessity. And then the glossy plastic coating that makes it adorable and easy to wash and wipe the dirt away.
Unlike the nature of many boots out there, these are extra comfy because of the fabric collar at the top.
- Comfortable and lightweight
- Available in almost all colors
- Great for mud areas and slippery surfaces
- Double as rain boots
- It runs a little bit small, so go up a size or half size if you can
Sloggers Comfort Shoe
This 100% Waterproof shoe is super comfortable. It features a lug tread pattern that is heavy-duty for excellent traction.
You’d want to get this if you own a chicken coop, especially when considering the hose off or wipe with a wet cloth. It also has a removable insole that you can replace with orthotics.
You can easily soak and air dry these shoes to make them clean. They also double as rain and garden shoes.
The USA-made chicken coop shoe has adorable prints that vary slightly from shoe to shoe.
- Incredibly waterproof
- Perfect for outdoor work
- Lug tread for great traction
- Do tends to get dirt in the ankle area, but that’s expected with a lower cut shoe.
LONDON FOG Pull-On style Bootie
With a Shaft Height of 6 inches, this Pull-On style Bootie features a Lightly Cushioned Insole and gives more room to skip on and when walking.
You can wear this all day in the garden and do other outdoor work like attending to your chicken and poultry birds.
The split on the upper side stretches to give more slip-on room such that they fit as expected. However, the boot is designed with a pretty narrow heel, in a wedge/kitten style, even though they are flats.
They offer the needed comfort, protection, and durability for activities that chicken coop owners expose themselves to daily.
- Comfortable and roomy
- Does not squeak on a hard surface
- Pretty much true to size
- Smell strong when you first take them out, but it fades quickly.
Bogs Women’s SAUVIE Chelsea Rain Boot
Built with a rebound cushioning for lasting comfort, this Bogs Sauvie rain boot is designed with 3mm Neo-Tech waterproof insulation to prevent liquid and moisture from contacting your feet.
At the same time, you take care of your poultry birds.
Activities like this, including gardening, can expose your feet to odors and smell, but this Chelsea boot-inspired footwear features duraFresh organic biotechnology to fight odors.
It also has the BioGrip slip-resistant outsole for great traction, so you walk confidently on chicken poop and mud; thanks to the Bogs, Max-Wick moves sweat away to keep your feet dry.
An added advantage is that the shoes are ultra-light and incredibly durable with an adorable combination of modern style with rugged construction.
- Lasting comfort
- Waterproof insulation
- Keeps feet dry for long
- Odor repellant
- It’s very true to size, but they seem to be quite narrow through the arch/mid-part of the foot and then wide in the toe box.
Backdoorshoes Waterproof Garden Shoes
Who says you can’t wear a pair of clogs as you do your chores in your chicken coop? Well, just a few clog designs meet the requirement, and this style from BackdoorShoes is perfect.
How do I know this? It is made from eco-friendly EVA expanded foam that is great for absorbing shock, plus the Ethylene Vinyl Acetate sole guarantees great comfort.
The interesting part is that the shoes weigh less than three bananas which means you won’t feel any load on your feet as you go about your outdoor chores. It is also waterproof to save your feet from liquid specks of dirt.
It has insoles that are removable, replaceable, and easy to wash even in the washing machine. They are versatile pairs that can also be used for gardening and everyday use.
The only downside, which can be an advantage to those with wider foot size, is that it runs a little large.
- NO SPLIT guarantee for one year
- Removable insoles
- Waterproof and lightweight
NORTY Waterproof Winter Spring Garden Boot
This Norty waterproof winter spring garden boot is famous among poultry farmers; it keeps your feet clean and dry when you walk through puddles and mud, offering excellent water resistance.
The only fault we see in this shoe is that they run large, but it is an advantage.
They are made of high-quality rubber that won’t crack when it stretches. It has a cleverly designed tread that gives you good traction in wet and muddy conditions.
These boots are great for discussion, but only most of the styles we’ve seen earlier; they don’t seem to hold up very well for other heavy-duty outdoor chores.
- Completely water-resistant
- Sturdy and well constructed
- Excellent grip
- Warm and comfortable
- 30 days guarantee
- Ideal for chicken coop owners and gardeners, not other heavy-duty outdoor chores
Colorxy Women’s Waterproof Boots
Aside from the adorable print of chicken on these glossy-like rain boots for outdoor chores, these Colorxy waterproof boots feature a 10-inch shaft that gives you plenty of coverage, so your calves stay protected from splashes and mud in the chicken coop.
It has an appealing look, and the exterior has a plastic coating that can easily be wiped clean.
The mid-calf rain boots are not made with arch support for extremely long walks, but they come with a perfect height, making them suitable for the rainy and cold season.
The sole is nonslip, plus the 100% waterproof upper material makes it a reasonable pick for rainy days, working in the garden, dog walking, and working in the chicken coop and poultry farms.
- 10-inch tall shaft for splash protection
- Glossy finish washes clean easily
- Beautiful and unique prints
- Waterproof and perfect height for rainy seasons too
- These mid-calf garden rain boots have no arch support
- Not enough flare at the top; they seem not to fit with thicker socks or pants
Muck Boot Women’s Rain Boot
This style is characterized by comfort and flexibility thanks to the 4 mm neoprene.
It is also excellent in waterproofing, shock absorption, and heat retention. In addition to how it adjusts to the shape of your feet, these qualities make it a great buy for activities that chicken coop owners expose themselves to.
The mid-height shaft rolls down to the ankle to allow better airflow and movement.
It also features a rear pull loop for easy on/off. It is made of a high-grade rubber exterior that gives the shoe that needed extra toughness.
This makes it ideal for heavy-duty gardening and farming chores. The high-traction outsole offers excellent grip too.
- Slick surface for easy cleaning
- The mid-height shaft rolls down for breathability
- Toughness and high-grade rubber to withstand wear
This is a great pair for chicken coop, but designs like this, whenever they want to wear out, will start from the inside at the heel, and the cord starts to rub.
So some extra reinforcement there should have made it better.
DKSUKO shoes with Comfort Insole
Made with a rubber shoe sole, these Dksuko shoes feature an exclusive insole that will comfort your busy day at the poultry farm. They are nonslip and waterproof to keep your feet dry.
Even though the low shaft exposes your leg to some first in a muddy area, it is very portable.
However, it is more lightweight than other Clog and offers a reasonable level of arch support for the activities they are built to be used for.
- Comfort advantage
- Classic ankle rain boot design
- For all occasions beyond the chicken coop
- Colorful, light, and durable
- Not enough arch support compared to similar styles as reviewed above.
How to Choose the Best Type of Chicken Coop Shoe that Fits Your Needs
When we talk about the best type of chicken coop shoe, it is not just about the type of material used to make it.
Before you decide which one will be most suitable for your needs, there are various points to ponder.
Choosing the type of chicken coop shoes will depend on your coop setup, and you can take into account what kind of animals are in your Coop and what kind of parasites they might have.
There are many different models and styles on the market, but you should make sure they fit your needs.
The following will provide clear guidance and help you avoid the most common mistakes when buying shoes for chicken coop owners.
- Consider what kind of birds are in your Coop
- To protect your feet from mud and wetness, buy covers or boots made from rubber or plastic
- Shoes made from cloth material may not be durable enough for your specific needs
- The best footwear for coop owners is going to be waterproof but breathable shoes
- An ideal shoe for chicken coop owners should do a good job in handling wear and tear
Chicken coop shoes are a must-have for chicken keepers. They protect the chicken keeper’s feet from the wet and muddy floor while protecting the chickens from disease.
The above-reviewed shoes are all equipped with the necessary features to offer optimal performance, including plastic or rubber material coverings.
Suffice to say, you won’t go wrong by choosing from these options.